Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1939.


For my photo-graphy class, we work with black and white film. And it's all hands on all the way down until the finished product. Manual camera, standing in a tiny dark closet to get the film out of the canister, dumping developer into the film, shake, repeat. Cut up photo paper, put the negative in the light box, put photo paper below that. shine the negative on the photo paper for approximately 8 seconds. Put the photo paper in developer, then stop mix, then fixer, then rinse with water. After all of that, I produced a lovely photo of my sister. And here you have it.

1 comment:

  1. Whose photo class are you taking? I'm assuming it's photo 1? I loved Barb's class but she's not teaching too many classes this semester. Brandon is also a great teacher but not quite as experimental and post modern.

    ReplyDelete