Tuesday, February 16, 2010

v-day.

Yesterday was Valentine's day. And this being my first V-day with a significant other to actually share it with, you could guess it was pretty special for me. Gregory got me one box of chocolates:


And one dinner to Olive Garden, including one bowl of minestrone, one salad, one breadstick, two slices of bruschetta, and one glass of raspberry lemonade. Oh, I love italian food.
Speaking of v-day, it's impossible to forget my girl Eve Ensler (if you don't recall, she compiled and noted a lovely book the vagina monologues). This woman has deemed February 14th V-day (not for "valentine") to recognize all of the violence that happens to women daily around the world. She's made it a global day for recognizing that sexual and physical violence happens to girls every day and that we plan to stop it. You can read up on this topic more, here. Please take a look, mm? Eve, you rock my vagina.
Happy belated V-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment