Friday, December 11, 2009

weak.

My ideal body (for myself, not the opposite sex) would be something more along the lines of what Fran Drescher sports. I bring this up because I'm sick of everyone (mainly most of my friends) trying to "lose weight". I'm all for losing weight if it helps you feel better about yourself, and if you do it for yourself. But I feel alot of them only do it to either attract the opposite sex, to think they'll be more photogenic, or because they think it's the way they're suppose to look, according to mass media and magazines, etc. I'm sick of seeing bones. I love collar bones. But I hate seeing knobby knees and elbows and sallow cheeks. It's not healthy, nore is it beautiful. I also hate the passive, submissive type. Trying to appear dainty and fragile and weak has never been more fashionable. Any man (if he considers himself one) I've ever talked to says he'd prefer a woman, not a woman in a twelve-year-old-girl's body. A body that includes an ass. And also a brain. I look up to women who actually know what they believe in and are outspoken and fabulous. Women that are strong inside and out. Here is to us, the women that actually stand for something great enough to die for. Who care more about living the best life and making that possible for others, instead of worrying of the latest trend and perfume. For being able to carry on a conversation about politics, math, and social sciences instead of cosmetics and the latest gossip. Here is to us, the few women that love to be beautiful for what we are, not what makeup and clothing we wear. For the women that aren't afraid to eat, who's ribcages are found but only surrounded by lovely hips (not hip bones). Here's to us, women making a difference, not blending into the status quo. Daring to be different, not what's in season. For not being afraid to stand up, to be smart and beautiful. Here is to us.

1 comment: